Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing cyber news blogs on the internet? Of course you do!
If you are a writer or editor, then we are looking at YOU!
Our site is looking for highly motivated team members to help take our site from newcomer on the scene, to prominent news outlet of 2019.
Do you have what it takes to deliver the news to the people?
TECHNICAL WRITER – INVEST IN CYBER (fulltime and part time)
Invest In Cyber are a new company and full of vibrant talent for all things IT.
This year we are determined to break through into the arena of cyber security and put ourselves firmly on the map.
We urgently need geeks of all descriptions who can do more than string a sentence together.
You need to have great English and grammar skills and be able to spot the kernel of a good story.
We need you to help create the future news and blog items of 2019.
Based in our Sheffield offices, we are on the lookout for team players who can write in a captivating and engaging manner.
You should be able to convey deeply technical issues, in an easy to follow sort of way for the general reader.
- A good understanding of cyber issues, the web culture and an overview of technology in general.
- An easy to read, chatty writing tone.
- Perfect English spelling and grammar.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT and cyber issues.
- Be able to work quickly and under intense pressure.
- A creative mind, able to adapt to new ideas and directions quickly.
- Happy to take direction from editors and commissioners.
- Be able to work as a team member and on other people’s ideas and projects.
- Brainstorming and creating articles for the website.
- Writing and editing articles going live on the site.
- Reviewing e books, products and software.
- Researching and analysing information.
- Five GCSES at C and above.
- A relevant first degree, 2:2 or above.
- Experience of IT and cyber security matters.
Want to apply?
Please send an email, in the first instance to Moira Jones, Cyber Editor.
Enclose your full CV including when you are available to come to interview.
If you have any examples of your work, we would be pleased to see them!
Deadline: 4th January 2019.